Not content to simply dominate on the soccer field, Germans are also tops in another category that celebrates the possibilities of the human form: nude sunbathing. According to travel site Expedia's annual "Flip Flop Report," a study of beachgoer behavior and preferences all over the world, Germans are the most likely to sunbathe in the buff among adults surveyed. A full 28 percent admit to having spent a day at the beach nude. On the other side side of the world, 72 percent of Japanese report being comfortable with the idea of being nude at the beach, but only 2 percent are uninhibited enough to do it. But perhaps the most revealing and shocking statistic of all is this: 74 percent of the world considers Speedo-type briefs "acceptable beach attire."
— Ben Popken