Pucker up! July 6 is International Kissing Day, and NBC OUT is celebrating same-sex smooches heard 'round the world. Here are a few same-sex kisses that made news - and waves.
1) Soccer star Abby Wambach shares a kiss with her wife, Sarah Huffman, after the United States beat Japan in the 2015 Women's World Cup final.
2) After becoming the first openly gay player tapped by the NFL in the 2014 draft, Michael Sam kissed his boyfriend, Vito Cammisano, to celebrate.
3) In 2011, Petty Officer 2nd Class Marissa Gaeta and Petty Officer 3rd Class Citlalic Snell shared the first same-sex kiss upon a U.S. Navy ship's return.
4) In 2015, Petty Officer 2nd Class Thomas Sawicki and his boyfriend Shawn Brier became the first male couple to share a ceremonial first kiss after a U.S. Navy ship's return.
5) Gay couples kiss in China during a ceremonial "wedding" in 2011 to raise awareness about same-sex marriage.
6) Adam Lambert shares a kiss with bandmate Tommy Ratliff at the 2009 American Music Awards.
7) Madonna and Britney Spears lock lips during the 2003 MTV Video Music Awards.
8) NBC's hit series LA Law made history in 1991 when it aired network television's first same-sex kiss. The kiss - shared between two women - was part of an episode titled "He's a Crowd."
9) In 2000, Dawson's Creek gave television viewers the first "passionate" gay kiss during primetime.