An Ohio woman will spend the night outside for dumping 33 kittens in the woods. The overnight temperature in the area tonight is expected to dip into the 20s.
Don't miss these Health stories
More women opting for preventive mastectomy - but should they be?
Rates of women who are opting for preventive mastectomies, such as Angeline Jolie, have increased by an estimated 50 percent in recent years, experts say. But many doctors are puzzled because the operation doesn't carry a 100 percent guarantee, it's major surgery -- and women have other options, from a once-a-day pill to careful monitoring.
- Larry Page's damaged vocal cords: Treatment comes with trade-offs
- Report questioning salt guidelines riles heart experts
- CDC: 2012 was deadliest year for West Nile in US
- What stresses moms most? Themselves, survey says
- More women opting for preventive mastectomy - but should they be?
Michelle Murray, a former animal rescuer, will have no food or shelter but will have water and a way to communicate with park rangers in case of and emergency.
Judge Michael Cicconetti said he wanted Murray to feel what the kittens experienced.
The 25-year-old was convicted last month of animal cruelty and also faces a 15-day jail sentence.
The animals were recovered but many had upper respiratory infections, and nine died.
The Associated Press and NewsNet5.com contributed to this report.