LOS ANGELES — Farfrompoopen Road, the only road to Constipation Ridge, lost to Divorce Court and Psycho Path, which placed No. 1 in an online poll of the nation's wildest, weirdest and wackiest street names.
C'mon — what's not to like?
Hoof it over to Facebook to join the weird news herd.
- C'mon — what's not to like?
Mitsubishi Motors sponsored the poll on the Car Connection Web site and more than 2,500 voters cast their ballots during a week of voting that ended this month. Winners were announced Friday.
"Our readers really stepped up with some insane street names," said Web site publisher Paul Eisenstein. "Our panel had a difficult time narrowing several hundred down to the 10 our readers voted on.
"But we learned a lot about the byways of this country, not to mention the collective sense of humor of city planners everywhere."
In first place was Psycho Path in Traverse City, Mich., followed by Heather Highlands, Pa.'s, Divorce Court in second and Tennessee's Farfrompoopen Road in third. Eisenstein said all the roads were verified, although some are private and hard to find.
The complete top 10 list included:
- 10. Tater Peeler Road in Lebanon, Tenn.
- 9. The intersection of Count and Basie in Richmond, Va.
- 8. Shades of Death Road in Warren County, N.J.
- 7. Unexpected Road in Buena, N.J.
- 6. Bucket of Blood Street in Holbrook, Ariz.
- 5. The intersection of Clinton and Fidelity in Houston
- 4. The intersection of Lonesome and Hardup in Albany, Ga.
- 3. Farfrompoopen Road in Tennessee (the only road up to Constipation Ridge)
- 2. Divorce Court in Heather Highlands, Pa.
- 1. Psycho Path in Traverse City, Mich.
© 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.