Below are six Web sites that can be used for anyone who thinks they might have a problem with sexual offending or sexual addiction (including online porn) or sexual boundary violations (sexual harassment etc.), to seek help. The links, below, were recommended by Robert Weiss, clinical director of the Sexual Recovery institute in Los Angeles.
The sites below contain information about determining if there is a problem, learning more about these problems, and treatments around the country. There is also information for professionals seeking to learn more about this work.
- www.safersociety.org – A non-profit agency for the prevention of sexual abuse. They provide referrals to treatment and publish a great deal of helpful books and materials about sexual abuse prevention. A good site for concerned parents, professionals and those with a sexual problem to find help and direction.
- www.atsa.org - The Association for the Treatment of Sexual Abusers is an international organization focused specifically on the prevention of sexual abuse through effective management of sex offenders. The site is mostly dedicated to professionals; however those seeking help can write them for direction to a trained professional or program that treats these problems. They have links to outside agencies and helpful learning materials.
- www.sexualrecovery.com – The Sexual Recovery Institute Web site in Los Angeles. Helpful links to national 12-step support, books and self-tests along with a description of their treatment programming.
- www.sexhelp.com – The Web site of Dr. Patrick Carnes, leader in the sexual addiction field. Has extensive books, materials and direction for those seeking help with sexual addiction or sexual offending.
- www.csom.org – The Center for Sexual Offender Management. A U.S. Dept of Justice website with a full array of public policy, research and an overview of how effective community based sexual offender treatment can work. They also provide links to offender training and treatment programming around the U.S.
- www.sash.net – The Society for the Advancement of Sexual Health – a national organization of professionals trainined in the treatment of sexual addiction and sexual offending. The site contains articles, helpful links and a database of therapists and treatment programs state by state in the U.S. and internationally.