MSNBC blankets the new Congress on Thursday with a full day of political coverage.
Other political news of note
CBO: Immigration bill would decrease deficit by $197 billion over 10 years
A new report from the Congressional Budget Office estimates that the immigration bill currently being debated in the Senate would increase the U.S. population by 10.4 million and would decrease federal budget deficits by $197 billion between 2014 and 2023.
- Liberals brace for Court's ruling on voting rights
- House passes ban on abortions after 20 weeks of pregnancy
- Biden: White House has not 'given up' on gun control
- Obama honors JFK's 'magic' Berlin moment
- CBO: Immigration bill would decrease deficit by $197 billion over 10 years
“NBC Nightly News” anchor Brian Williams, “Today” anchor Matt Lauer, chief White House correspondent David Gregory, chief foreign affairs correspondent Andrea Mitchell and NBC News correspondent Chip Reid will anchor throughout the day, along with MSNBC “Hardball” host Chris Matthews, “Countdown” host Keith Olbermann, “Scarborough Country” host Joe Scarborough, “Tucker” host Tucker Carlson and MSNBC chief Washington correspondent Norah O’Donnell.
Interviews during the day will include:
- Dick Armey, Texas, former House Republican leader
- Rep. Marsha Blackburn,R-Tenn.
- Sen. Barbara Boxer, D-Calif.
- Tony Coelho, Calif., former Democratic U.S. representative
- Rep. Chaka Fattah, D-Pa.
- Sen. Trent Lott, R-Miss.
- Sen. Mel Martinez, R-Fla.
- Sen. John McCain, R-Ariz.
- Sen. Claire McCaskill, D-Mo.
- Susan Molinari, N.Y., former Republican U.S. representative
- Rep. John Murtha , D-Pa.
- John Podesta, Center for American Progress, former White House chief of staff
- Rep. Charles Rangel , D-N.Y.
- Rep. Ellen Tauscher, R-Calif.
- Sen. Jon Tester, D-Mont.
- Sen. Jim Webb, D-Va.
- Vin Weber, Calif., chairman of the National Endowment for Democracy, former Republican U.S. representative
- Jonathan Alter , Newsweek
- Holly Bailey , Newsweek
- Mike Barnicle, MSNBC analyst and radio host
- Paul Bedard, US News & World Report
- Chris Cillizza, washingtonpost.com
- Charlie Cook, NBC News political analyst and publisher of the Cook Political Report
- Ana Marie Cox, Time.com
- John Dickerson, Slate.com
- Retired Gen. Wayne Downing, NBC News analyst
- Michael Duffy, Time magazine
- Peter Fenn, Democratic strategist
- Tom Fiedler, The Miami Herald
- Howard Fineman , Newsweek
- David Gergen, US News & World Report
- John Harwood, CNBC chief Washington correspondent and The Wall Street Journal
- Terry Holt, Republican strategist
- Anne Kornblut, The New York Times
- Mary Matalin, publisher and former assistant to President Bush
- Retired Gen. Barry McCaffrey, NBC News analyst
- Jon Meacham, Newsweek
- Norm Ornstein, American Enterprise Institute
- Bill Press, Democratic strategist
- Hilary Rosen, Democratic strategist
- Stuart Rothenberg, Rothenberg Political Report
- Bob Shrum, Democratic strategist and “Hardball” analyst
- A.B. Stoddard, The Hill
- Chuck Todd, “Hardball” analyst and editor-in-chief of The Hotline
- Cynthia Tucker, Atlanta-Journal-Constitution
- Jim VandeHei, The Washington Post
- Vin Weber, former U.S. representative from California, chairman of the National Endowment for Democracy
© 2007 MSNBC Interactive