updated 3/13/2007 12:53:02 PM ET 2007-03-13T16:53:02

A man arrested in one of the city’s two serial killer investigations pleaded guilty Tuesday to aggravated assault in exchange for prosecutors dropping an attempted murder charge.

Jeff Hausner, 40, had previously pleaded not guilty to attempted murder and aggravated assault in the April 14 stabbing of a homeless man.

He now faces a maximum of nearly nine years in prison. His sentencing was set for April 20.

Hausner’s brother, Dale, is charged with seven counts of murder in a shooting spree that police said wounded at least 17 people and left seven others dead. His alleged accomplice, Samuel Dieteman, is charged in two of the killings.

Investigators said the stabbing of the homeless man was linked to the “Serial Shooter” case, but have not specified the link.

Jeff Hausner did not agree to testify in the case against his brother and Dieteman as part of the plea agreement, a prosecutor said.

© 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.


Discussion comments


Most active discussions

  1. votes comments
  2. votes comments
  3. votes comments
  4. votes comments