POCATELLO, Idaho — Firefighters resuscitated four cats and an albino rat from a charred apartment in southeastern Idaho.
C'mon — what's not to like?
Hoof it over to Facebook to join the weird news herd.
- C'mon — what's not to like?
The animals received oxygen through a special mask designed for small animals that the department got two years ago.
Electrical failure likely caused the fire, which resulted in at least $10,000 in damage, fire officials said. No people were injured.
Firefighter Kirby Jonas, who whisked the rat to safety, said he was astonished anything survived the flames that engulfed the apartment. He found the rat huddled in blackened bedding in a cage.
“If I were betting money, I would have put down $10,000 that anything in that cage was dead,” Jonas said. Also in the room was a poster of an albino rat with a halo over its head, he said.
One cat didn’t survive the blaze.
© 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.