Other political news of note
Animated Boehner: 'There's nothing complex about the Keystone Pipeline!'
- Budget deficits shrinking but set to grow after 2015
- Senate readies another volley on unemployment aid
- Obama faces Syria standstill
- Fluke files to run in California
- Animated Boehner: 'There's nothing complex about the Keystone Pipeline!'
The purpose of these eligibility standards is to give Americans watching the NBC News / National Journal / Tampa Bay Times Republican Presidential Candidates Debate an opportunity to hear all Republicans who have a reasonable prospect of becoming the GOP nominee and who have demonstrated that they are in a credible position to be a principal competitor in the nominating contest.
To qualify for this debate:
1. A candidate must be on the ballot in the Florida Republican primary.
2. A candidate must be among the top four candidates in the results of at least one of the following state contests: The Iowa Caucuses; the New Hampshire Primary; The South Carolina Primary.
USE OF VIDEO AND AUDIO EXCERPTS FROM THE NBC NEWS / NATIONAL JOURNAL / TAMPA BAY TIMES DEBATE ON JANUARY 23, 2012:
After the live debate has concluded, non-NBC media and individuals, including blogs and Internet media, may make unlimited use of the debate and excerpts, with appropriate credit to NBC NEWS / NATIONAL JOURNAL / TAMPA BAY TIMES, for the purpose of analyzing, reporting on, or commenting on the debate. Detailed usage guidelines are below.
Video of each debate will stream live at msnbc.com and nbcpolitics.com, and the full video of all NBC debates and forums will remain accessible free and on-demand at MSNBC.com through the end of the 2012 election cycle.
Detailed usage guidelines
1. Unlimited excerpts of NBC’s telecast of the debate may be used in all media, where the primary purpose is to report on, comment on, or analyze the Forum, subject to the following restrictions:
a. On television, an unobstructed onscreen credit “NBC NEWS / NATIONAL JOURNAL / TAMPA BAY TIMES” must appear during each excerpt and remain on screen for the entire excerpt. On the Internet, each excerpt must stream with the unobstructed credit as described above, or a link to MSNBC.com, or a credit appearing in the media player or adjacent space for the duration of the stream.
b. On radio, each excerpt must be introduced with an audio credit to NBC NEWS / NATIONAL JOURNAL / TAMPA BAY TIMES
c. No excerpt may air or stream in any medium until the live debate concludes.
d. Any adaptations or alterations of the debate content must be clearly labeled as such.
e. No use of the audio or video of NBC News journalists or moderators or guest panelists in a debate is permitted for the purpose of advertising for any cause or candidate.
2. No NBC News debate may be used in any medium where the primary purpose is to retransmit the debate or excerpts of the debate for Commercial Use. Commercial Use shall be interpreted as any use for which the primary intent is to procure a commercial advantage or private compensation. Without limitation, examples of Commercial Use include: charges for downloads or streaming; using debate video or audio to promote a website or product; or advertising preceding or during video or audio of the debate. The inclusion of text or search ads such as Google Ad Sense, Yahoo! Search Marketing, Microsoft AdCenter, or similar services, shall not be considered a Commercial Use.
Please address any questions, comments or requests relating to this policy to email@example.com.