LONDON — British Airways PLC says it will raise its fuel surcharge on all flights.
Don't miss these Travel stories
Lords of the gourd compete for Punkin Chunkin honors
- Airports, airlines work hard to return your lost items
- Expert: Tourist hordes threaten Sistine Chapel's art
- MGM Grand wants Las Vegas guests to Stay Well
- Report: Airlines collecting $36.1B in fees this year
- Lords of the gourd compete for Punkin Chunkin honors
BA says the increases reflect the high price of oil, which has flirted with $120 a barrel in recent days.
Prices for long-haul flights — those to destinations outside of Europe — will increase by about $40 to $60 per round-trip, the company said in a statement Tuesday. Those charges apply to flights booked after Friday
With the latest increase, the total surcharges on BA flights lasting more than nine hours will be about $315.
The price of short-haul flights will increase by about $12 per round-trip. That puts BA's surcharge for short-haul flights at about $52 per round-trip.
Copyright 2008 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.