updated 7/12/2008 7:16:46 PM ET 2008-07-12T23:16:46

Two people were found dead Saturday at a music festival in southern Norway and six others were hospitalized, police said.

The victims were found in and near a bus at the Norway Rock Festival in Kvinesdal village, 270 miles southwest of Oslo, Agder Police District chief Asbjoern Enoksen said.

Preliminary hospital reports indicated carbon monoxide poisoning could have been a cause, Enoksen said.

The six found alive were taken by helicopter and ambulance to local hospitals, he said, adding that some of them were unconscious.

All of the victims were believed to be Norwegian citizens in their 20s and 30s, he said.

The three-day festival ending Saturday has drawn crowd of 5,000-6,000 people each day for music acts including Alice Cooper and Motorhead.

Copyright 2008 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.


Discussion comments


Most active discussions

  1. votes comments
  2. votes comments
  3. votes comments
  4. votes comments