updated 10/19/2008 7:44:37 PM ET 2008-10-19T23:44:37

Michigan's attorney general said Sunday that he has issued warrants for three teenagers accused of fatally shooting another teen and wounding three others near Henry Ford High School last week.

Devon Bell, 18, Derryck Brantley, 18, and William Morton, 15, were each charged with one count of first-degree premeditated murder, three counts of assault with intent to murder and one count of using a firearm in the commission of a felony, Attorney General Mike Cox said.

Police originally reported the suspects to be ages 15, 16 and 18. It wasn't immediately clear Sunday why the ages were different.

Morton was charged as an adult, which means he, like the others, would face mandatory life imprisonment if convicted of first-degree murder in Thursday's fatal shooting of 16-year-old Christopher Walker.

The suspects are to be arraigned Monday, said Cox spokesman John Sellek. He didn't know whether they had attorneys, and he wasn't sure which suspect was the son of a Detroit police officer, as previously reported.

Copyright 2008 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Discuss:

Discussion comments

,

Most active discussions

  1. votes comments
  2. votes comments
  3. votes comments
  4. votes comments