NAIROBI, Kenya — The half-brother of President Barack Obama has been arrested for alleged possession of marijuana, Kenyan police said Saturday.
Other political news of note
Defense deal minted, but Gillibrand sexual assault amendment dropped
Lawmakers announced a sweeping agreement Monday to pass a long-awaited authorization bill for the Defense Department before the end of the year, but a proposed amendment to curb military sexual assault didn’t make the cut.
- Senate extends undetectable gun ban but nixes tighter restrictions
- Better economic news could boost incumbents in 2014
- Races to watch: Will Obamacare sink Dems in 2014?
- Paul says his economic plan is the only hope for depressed areas such as Detroit
- Defense deal minted, but Gillibrand sexual assault amendment dropped
Area police chief Joshua Omokulongolo said George Obama was picked up Saturday and was being held at the Huruma police post in the capital.
Omokulongolo said officers found one joint of marijuana on him.
Obama reportedly denied the allegations.
"I don't know why they are charging me," CNN quoted Obama as saying from jail.
George Obama and the president had the same father but are not believed to have a close relationship.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.