Don't miss these Health stories
More women opting for preventive mastectomy - but should they be?
- Larry Page's damaged vocal cords: Treatment comes with trade-offs
- Report questioning salt guidelines riles heart experts
- CDC: 2012 was deadliest year for West Nile in US
- What stresses moms most? Themselves, survey says
- More women opting for preventive mastectomy - but should they be?
The county released data to the Los Angeles Times last week disclosing at least 16 previously unpublicized cases since 2004.
The cases had been reported to the county by the Adult Industry Medical Foundation, a clinic that serves the porn industry but also has other patients.
The Times reported Tuesday that the department now says the occupations of those who tested positive were unclear.
Clinic co-founder Sharon Mitchell told the Times that none of the HIV cases the county disclosed last week involved active performers.
It was revealed last week that a female porn performer had recently tested HIV positive.
Copyright 2009 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.