The Rachel Maddow Show Guest List
Week of September 14, 2009
Past transcripts by month
Friday, September 18, 2009
- Mark McKinnon, a former advisor to President George W. Bush and Senator John McCain. He's currently a contributor to the Daily Beast and Vice Chairman of the public relations group "Public Strategies."
- Eugene Robinson, Pulitzer Prize-winning columnist and associate editor for The Washington Post.
- Jane Hamsher, FireDogLake.com
- Bill Wolff, Sports Savant of the Rachel Maddow Show, executive producer and and the vice president of msnbc primetime
From the Web
- Values Voter Debate: Why Should God Bless America?
- Story of Dumb Woman Not Winning Contest Becomes Tragic Tale of Political Oppression
- Mark McKinnon: Send Joe Wilson Home
- Mark McKinnon: Scarborough for President
- Mark McKinnon: Flunk the Far Right
- Video: Values Voter Summit - not so friendly to the media
- South Carolina: State of denial
- Eugene Robinson: The Favor Jimmy Carter Did Us All
- Eugene Robinson: No Way to Treat a President
- FDL Action: Tell Mike Ross and Blanche Lincoln To Act Like Democrats — Or We’ll Find Someone Who Will
- Ezra Klein: What's Wrong With the Finance Bill? An Interview With Sen. Jay Rockefeller
- Former Iraq Security Contractors Say Firm Bought Black Market Weapons, Swapped Booze for Rockets
- OpenSecrets.org: Politicians Score Significant Cash From NFL Owners, Coaches and Players
- Republican disco football fight song! San Diego Super Chargers
- YouTube: awesome 80s video dating pickup lines 1
- Cleve Jones, activist
- Donald Fowler, former national chairman of the DNC
- Joe Cirincione, president, The Ploughshares Fund
From the Web
- Tea Party Protesters Protest D.C. Metro Service
- Call to Action, Health Reform 2009 (a.k.a. the Baccus plan) pdf
- Sex, Drug Use and Graft Cited in Interior Department
- Former Interior Secretary Gale Norton is focus of corruption probe
- Google: gail+norton+meth+toaster+oven+snorting
- Man charged with impersonating Manchin
- "If I don't see this classic West Wing clip on @msnbc today I'll be disappointed. http://bit.ly/2W8Pf1 @tamronhall @maddow"
- YouTube: West WIng Jed and Leo Charlie Brown
- Joe Cirincione: Rachel Maddow: Her Intelligence is Right.
- 2009 Values Voter Summit (and comedy show)
- Video: Obama awards first Medal of Honor
- Um.. he said what about a chicken?
- Reporter flipped by sled
- Frank Schaeffer, author of "Crazy for God: How I Grew Up as One of the Elect, Helped Found the Religious Right, and Lived to Take All (or Almost All) of it Back" also a contributor to The Huffington Post.
- Chris Hayes, Washington Editor, The Nation
- Congressman Anthony Weiner
From the Web
- Court to Birther: "Unlike in Alice in Wonderland, simply saying something is so does not make it so." (pdf)
- "Judicial Watch, the public interest group that investigates and prosecutes government corruption, announced today that a lawsuit challenging the constitutional eligibility of Hillary Clinton to be Secretary of State (Rodearmel v. Clinton, et al., (D. District of Columbia)) will be heard by a special three-judge panel of the U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia."
- Public Policy Polling: Obama popularity dropping in New Jersey (the Obama anti-Christ poll) (pdf)
- Frank Schaeffer: Glenn Beck and The 9/12 Marchers: Subversives From Within
- Frank Schaeffer: Remember What Civility Was? A Book to Remind Us
- Frank Schaeffer: Max Blumenthal vs. The Far Right "God" Of Dumb Hate
- The (OMG!) toaster oven report (OIG Investigations of MMS Employees) PDF
- FBI Most Wanted Terrorists: ADAM YAHIYE GADAHN
- Jumping robot video
- The robot menagerie of Boston Dynamics
- Iraqi baseball team finally in uniform, thanks to U.S. donors
- Iraq National Baseball 2009 Home Jersey from Ebbets Field Flannels
- Jonathan Alter, Newsweek senior editor and MSNBC political analyst
- Governor Ed Rendell, Pennsylvania
- Dr. Zbigniew Brzezinski, former National Security Advisor
From the Web
- WorldNetDaily Exclusive: With a rebel yell - 'You Lie!' on fire as it hits bumpers across America
- Jonathan Alter: Obama's Big Test - 5 reasons the president did well with his health-care reform speech.
- Obama on financial regulation (the on-the-record part of John Harwood's interview)
- Film crew opens doors to county jails
- Discuss on Newsvine: Feds Can't Enter County Jails, But Keanu Reeves Can
- Senator Bernie Sanders
- Elizabeth Warren, chair of the Congressional Oversight Panel which is responsible for overseeing the execution of the $700 billion in TARP funds -- she is also a law professor at Harvard.
- Terry Pearson, Kabul embassy whistleblower
- Mary Mitchell, Editorial board member and columnist, Chicago Sun Times
From the Web
- Billionaires for Wealthcare (including the song Rachel played on the air)
- Billionaires for Wealthcare photos on Flickr.
- Project on Government Oversight (POGO)
- Commission on Wartime Contracting
- HearTheBill.org - listen to the health care bill
- Decision time for Blago fund-raiser Kelly
- “The mayor's a jackass. You can print that.”
- Creation the movie
- Toronto International Film Festival - Creation
MORE FROM RACHEL MADDOW SHOW
Add Rachel Maddow Show headlines to your news reader: