The Rachel Maddow Show Guest List
Week of September 21, 2009
Past transcripts by month
- Jeffrey McMurray, A.P. Correspondent
- Ron Mott, NBC News
- Jeremy Scahill, author of the New York Times best-seller, "Blackwater: The Rise Of The World's Most Powerful Mercenary Army."
- Health Reform, bill, Congress
- Andrea Mitchell, chief foreign affairs correspondent, NBC News
- Sandra Bernhard, comedian, actress and singer. Sandra's new album, "Whatever it takes" is out now.
From the Web
- AP: Witness: Census worker's hanging body naked, bound
- Jeremy Scahill: Is the Hypocritical War Against ACORN Unconstitutional?
- Jeremy Scahill: Where is the Defund Blackwater Act?
- Ross sold pharmacy for more than apparent value - "Ross on Thursday again defended the sale, which was first reported by the Web site ProPublica. The Democratic congressman called the story part of a 'left-wing, special interest conspiracy against me.'"
- CooperUncovered.org: Who does Jim Cooper really represent?
- What a sound cannon sounds like at the G-20 in Pittsburgh
- Identifying Iranian nuclear sites (pdf)
- Empire State-gate: The Empire State Building lighting schedule on the day of the Iranian protest. Green, Green, Green.
- Senator Charles Schumer
- Gilbert Acciardo, retired Kentucky State Trooper
- Peter Dreier, professor, Occidental College
- Ken Burns, documentarian. His mini-series "The National Parks: America's Best Idea" starts Sunday at 8 pm Eastern on PBS.
From the Web
- Video: William Sparkman commencement speech for Western Governors University
- Berman Exposed
- Meet Rick Berman, A.K.A. "Dr. Evil"
- Manipulating the Public Agenda: Why ACORN was in the news, and what the news got wrong | Occidental College link
- The National Parks: America's Best Idea
- Iranians blanket Brooklyn Bridge in green
- Empire State Building lighting schedule
- Devlin Barrett, reporter, A.P.
- Howard Fineman, MSNBC analyst and senior Washington correspondent and political columnist for Newsweek
- Paul Krugman, Nobel Prize-winning economist, a New York Times columnist, an economics professor at Princeton, and author of the book, "The Return of Depression Economics and the Crisis of 2008."
- John Prendergast, co-chair of the ENOUGH Project
- Tracy McGrady, co-founder, Darfur Dream Team
From the Web
- Kent Conrad Hearts the French Health-Care System?
- Lessons From the French Health-Care System
- The Republicans' Deaf Ear Is a Preexisting Condition
- AP source: Census worker hanged with 'fed' on body
- While Aide Advised McCain, His Firm Lobbied for Georgia
- Excerpts of Sarah Palin’s Speech to Investors in Hong Kong
- Paul Krugman: How Did Economists Get It So Wrong?
- Paul Krugman: Reform or Bust
- Carly-fornia Dreamin'
- Video: Obama's speech to the U.N. General Assembly
- Darfur Dream Team
- John Prendergast: U.S. Diplomacy in Sudan: What's at Stake
- 3 Points: Peace, Protection, Punishment
- The Enough Project
- Senator Ron Wyden of Oregon: He sits on the Senate Finance Committee and has filed an amendment to the Baucus plan called The Free Choice proposal which would allow every American - including those covered by employers - to have access to plans in the Health Insurance Exchange.
- Thomas Oliphant, a former columnist for "The Boston Globe"
- Sam Stein, political reporter for the Huffington Post
From the Web
- Rep. Mike Ross Raises Eyebrows With Healthy Haul
- Rep. Mike Ross statement on Pro Publica story
- Razorbacks in NYC? Try the Mad Hatter Saloon
- Senator Ron Wyden's Free Choice health care proposal (pdf)
- Richard Engel reports: Tip of the spear
- Sam Stein: Authors Of Iraq War Push Obama On Afghanistan
- Sam Stein: Prominent Hawk Defends Obama On Afghanistan
- Wendell Potter, former health insurance executive-turned-whistle blower. He was the head of public relations for CIGNA, one of the nation's largest insurers. He's now a senior fellow on health care at the Center for Media and Democracy.
- David Weigel, reporter, The Washington Independent
- Rajiv Chandrasekaran, reporter, The Washington Post
- Richard Trumka, president, AFL-CIO
From the Web
- Executive producer Bill Wolff highlights tonight's show (and street meat)
- Mike Ross’s District Supports a Public Option, Mike Ross Does Not
- Health care bill amendment: Hatch F7 (line 497) pdf - "Add transition relief for the excise tax on high cost insurance plans for any State with a name the begins with the letter "U""
- ConsumerWatchdog.org: Acne, Pregnancy Among Disqualifying Conditions
- David Weigel: Bill O’Reilly Bans the Press From His Values Voter Speech
- McChrystal: More Forces or 'Mission Failure'
- Leaked report pdf
- Rajiv Chandrasekaran and Karen DeYoung: Changes Have Obama Rethinking War Strategy
- A 2009 Chevy Malibu Destroys a 1959 Bel Air — Literally
- More Details About 1959 Bel Air Crash Test
- Extreme pain and stress can actually impair a person's ability to tell the truth.
- Frank Bites Back, Demands Retraction Of Blue Dog Comments In Politico
MORE FROM RACHEL MADDOW SHOW
Add Rachel Maddow Show headlines to your news reader: