updated 10/3/2009 6:52:59 PM ET 2009-10-03T22:52:59

Seven wedding guests have been taken to the hospital after fainting or feeling sick at a New Hampshire reception, and safety officials are investigating possible carbon monoxide exposure.

The victims appeared to be doing well after being treated at a hospital in the town about 40 miles north of Concord, Meredith Fire Chief Ken Jones said.

An ambulance was called to an American Legion hall late Saturday afternoon after someone fainted, Jones said. After the ambulance arrived, three more guests passed out, he said.

Three others were taken to the hospital after feeling weak and nauseous.

The victims were all near the rear of the hall during the wedding reception, Jones said.

The building was cleared and will be closed until the heating and cooling systems are checked.

Copyright 2009 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Discuss:

Discussion comments

,

Most active discussions

  1. votes comments
  2. votes comments
  3. votes comments
  4. votes comments