The Rachel Maddow Show Guest List
Week of October 5, 2009
Past transcripts by month
- Senator Barbara Boxer
- Richard Engel, chief foreign correspondent, NBC News
- Xeni Jardin, editor and partner, BoingBoing.net
From the Web
- Richard Engel reports: Tip of the Spear
- Daily Kos: Rangel needs to step down
- Cheney's Daughter Starts Firm Of Her Own
- Ralph Lauren opens new outlet store in the Uncanny Valley
- The criticism that Ralph Lauren doesn't want you to see!
- Searching for the skinny on Ralph Lauren ad (UPDATE: "We are responsible," says Ralph Lauren)
- Ralph Lauren's Ridiculous Photoshop; More Ridiculous Rage
- Photoshop Disasters
- Chilling Effects Clearinghouse
- Joe Trippi, political strategist
- Melissa Harris-Lacewell, associate professor of politics and African-American studies at Princeton University
- Megan Carpentier, Editor of News and Politics, Air America
- Caroline Moore, the amateur astronomer recently honored by President Obama as the youngest person to ever discover a supernova
From the Web
- FiveThirtyEight.com: Question Order May Bias Fox News Health Care Polling
- Obama Impeachment Suggested By GOP Dirty Trickster
- Progressive Change Campaign Committee: PETITION TO SENATE MAJORITY LEADER HARRY REID
- New Oklahoma abortion law (pdf)
- New Abortion Law Challenged in Oklahoma
- Talking Points Memo: Pro-Biz Group Pays 'Uncle Sam' To Wander Around DC With Anti-Debt Sign
- Talking Points Memo: Rent-a-Baggers Hit DC
- NBC's Richard Engel on Morning Joe
- Caroline Moore previously on TRMS (June 19, 2009)
- Saying Goodbye to a Really Amazing Spacecraft (and Team)
- Public events to view the LCROSS impact
- NASA TV - The space agency will broadcast the action live from the Moon, with coverage beginning Friday morning at 3:15 am PDT (10:15 UT). The first hour or so, pre-impact, will offer expert commentary, status reports from mission control, camera views from the spacecraft, and telemetry-based animations. The actual impacts commence at 7:30 am EDT (11:30 UT).
- LCROSS Viewer's Guide
World Net Daily's top hits:
- Is this really smoking gun of Obama's Kenyan birth?
- Bill creates detention camps in U.S. for 'emergencies'
- Obamacare to be 1 big 'death panel'
- On Facebook, MySpace? Obama's got your e-mail
- Parents rebel against Obama TV speech to schools
- Is it time to whisper the word 'impeachment'?
- Howard Fineman, senior Washington correspondent and columnist, Newsweek; msnbc contributor
- Frank Rich, columnist, New York Times
- Senator Kirsten Gillibrand
- Sarah Vowell, author, journalist, humorist
From the Web
- Fineman: Obama channels Ali in health care prize fight
- Frank Rich: The Rabbit Ragu Democrats
- Frank Rich: Obama at the Precipice
- The right time to repeal Don't Ask Don't Tell is now (Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand)
- Senator Gillibrand's "Repeal Don't Ask Don't Tell" petition
- Ensign Says He Won’t Step Down : "Interviews and documents, however, show that Mr. Ensign had lunch in the Senate dining room in March with Mr. Hampton and executives from Allegiant Air to discuss aviation issues."
- Cautious Hopes for a Cocaine Vaccine
- Franken Wins Bipartisan Support For Legislation Reining In KBR’s Treatment Of Rape
- Meet The Senators Who Voted Against The Franken Amendment
- John Winthrop's City upon a Hill, 1630
- The History of the Arms and Great Seal of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts
- Here's a big picture of what Sarah Vowell and Rachel were talking about.
- Connie Schultz, columnist, Cleveland Plain Dealer
- Rick Berman, Washington, D.C. lobbyist, Berman and Company
- Melanie Sloan, executive director, CREW (Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington)
From the Web
- Betsy McCaughey: The 'kill granny' bill
- Weiner And McCaughey Go Head-To-Head In Health Care Debate
- Weiner and McCaughey debate on msnbc
- Mad As Hell Doctors
- Stacie Ritter visits the home of CIGNA CEO Edward Hanway
- Stacie Ritter at CIGNA CEO Hanway's house
- Stacie Ritter sets out to confront CIGNA's Ed Hanway
- Connie Schultz: Why do pollsters get such joy out of dividing women?
- CNN: Ensign says he did not breach ethics rules
- CREW files supplements to complains against Senator Ensign
- NASA: LCROSS Frequently Asked Questions
- Twitter: #Conservabible
- David Weigel, reporter, The Washington Independent
- Chris Hayes, Washington editor, The Nation
- Jon Ralston, columnist for "The Las Vegas Sun" and the host of "Face to Face with Jon Ralston"
- Senator Bernie Sanders
From the Web
- David Weigel: David Koch at Defending the American Dream Summit
- David Weigel: Tea Party Patrons Point New Recruits Toward 2010
- Christopher Hayes: ACORN and Accountability
- Las Vegas Sun: Cleaning up a mess - New details about Ensign’s affair warrant consideration by Senate ethics committee
- United States of America v. Robert W. Ney (pdf)
- The Nobel Assembly at Karolinska Institutet has today decided to award The Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine 2009 jointly to Elizabeth H. Blackburn, Carol W. Greider and Jack W. Szostak for the discovery of "how chromosomes are protected by telomeres and the enzyme telomerase."
- Rep. McCollum counters ACORN vote
- Congresswoman Betty McCollum's ACORN Act (pdf)
- Government: Dear Colleague: Become an Original Co-Sponsor of the ACORN Act
- Chris Hayes: "Just so it's clear, Mark Kirk is *not* going to Honduras. Got my wires crossed. That'll teach me to rock the Don Johnson look #miamvicefail"
MORE FROM RACHEL MADDOW SHOW
Add Rachel Maddow Show headlines to your news reader: