updated 10/13/2009 6:38:41 AM ET 2009-10-13T10:38:41

A mother, father and 15-year-old son died after being electrocuted while putting up a ham radio antenna in their Palm Bay home, police in Florida said Tuesday.

The victims were not identified Tuesday morning.

Authorities said rescue crews responded to a 911 call about the electrocution Monday evening when they found the three on the ground not breathing.

Authorities said the family was attempting to raise the antenna when they lost control of the pole and it hit an overhead power line. The impact sent 13,000 volts of electricity through the pole the three were holding.

The woman was pronounced dead at the scene. The father and son were taken to a hospital where they were pronounced dead.

More on: Electrocution

Copyright 2009 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Discuss:

Discussion comments

,

Most active discussions

  1. votes comments
  2. votes comments
  3. votes comments
  4. votes comments