The Rachel Maddow Show Guest List
Week of October 19, 2009
Past transcripts by month
- Christopher Hayes, Washington editor, The Nation
- Michael Isikoff, investigative correspondent, Newsweek and MSNBC contributor
- Xeni Jardin, editor and partner, BoingBoing.net
- Will Femia, lucky pedestrian, msnbc.com
From the Web
- Fox Reporter to Host Totally Balanced Anti-Health Care Reform Event
- Michael Isikoff: Update: Major Republican Donor Plans to Fund Liz Cheney’s New Organization
- Rich Life Club's BBB grade: F
- Get Motivated Seminars, Inc.'s BBB grade: D+
- Lowes sell fomer Pope mansion in Manalapan to joint venture
- Robert Scoble's tweet about seeing a Google car and the photo, which should have been credited to Rocky Barbanica is here.
- Will Femia: OMG! It's the Google Street View car!
- Keith Olbermann, Countdown, MSNBC
- Retired United States Army Major General Paul Eaton - He served more than 30 years in the U.S. Army and from 2003-2004 oversaw the training of the Iraqi military. He is now a senior advisor with the National Security Network.
- Jane Mayer, staff writer, The New Yorker and author, "The Dark Side: The Inside Story of How The War on Terror Turned into a War on American Ideals"
- Howard Dean, former Vermont Governor and DNC Chair
From the Web
- Obama Charms Even a Night's Grand Ol' Party
- Bush and Cheney on N.Y. Times Adam Clymer
- The photos of right-wing radio hosts meeting with President Bush can be seen here and here. (Anyone got better links for these?)
- David Rohde: A Drone Strike and Dwindling Hope
- Jane Mayer on predator drones and Pakistan
- [abstract] Jane Mayer, The Political Scene, “The Predator War,” The New Yorker, October 26, 2009, p. 36
- S.909 - Matthew Shepard Hate Crimes Prevention Act
- HRC: "...our nation’s first major piece of civil rights legislation for lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender people..."
- The President has just signed IAVA's number one legislative priority for the year into law - advance funding for VA healthcare.
- TPM: Snowe: I Do Not Support Opt Out Compromise, Would Likely Filibuster Public Option Bill
- John Ensign: I'll stump for Harry Reid's opponent
- Tamara Lowe, co-founder and executive vice president, Get Motivated Seminars
- Congressman Barney Frank
- Adam Green, founder, the Progressive Change Campaign Committee
- Jamie Leigh Jones, former KBR employee & rape survivor
- Todd Kelly, attorney for Jamie Leigh Jones
From the Web
- People "Get Motivated" to Flood into Hartford
- CBO's public option stunner: It reduces deficit
- Hula hooping it up for health, first lady swivels
- Progressive Change Campaign Committee
- Lake Havasu City Councilman Says He's "Just a Little Jewish" When it Comes to City Manager's Contract
- No Joke: Have You Heard About the Official FBI Cologne?
- The Franken anti-rape amendment (S.AMDT.2588)
- Senator Franken explains his amendment
- Balloon Boy Game (the sea gull one)
- Balloon Boy adventure (the barfing one)
- Dave Weigel, reporter, The Washington Independent
- Jesse Connolly, campaign manager, NO on 1 Protect Maine Equality
- Wayne Slater, senior political reporter, Dallas Morning News
- Bill Wolff, Vice President of Primetime Programming at MSNBC and the Executive Producer of TRMS. Also a columnist for the Philadelphia Inquirer, a sports expert and a HUGE Saint Louis Cardinals baseball fan.
From the Web
- David Weigel: Conservative Base Stands Up to GOP in NY Race
- Siena poll: Bill Owens surges past Dede Scozzafava in NY-23 congressional race
- Public Policy Polling: Maine Poll Preview
- Bush Headlining 'Motivational Mega Show' With 'Inspirational Firepower'
- Get Motivated! (NOTE: Contains auto-play video)
- Living down by the river in a van
- SUBJECT: COLLEGE OF THE OZARKS TO WELCOME GOVERNOR SARAH PALIN DECEMBER 2
- Wonkette: This ‘Hard Work U.’ At Which Sarah Palin Will Speak… One Must Never Go There
- College of the Ozarks Handbook (pdf)
- USS New York's Ship's Silver registry
- A Tiffany Registry for the U.S.S. New York
- The Incredible Shrinking GOP: Only 20 Percent Self-Identify As Republican
- Ensign’s Parents Among Reid’s Campaign Donors
- Bill Wolff: Wanna Bet? Money, if not eyes, on NFL
- American Scientist: Predicting a Baseball's Path
- Spitball master Perry watches Rogers with admiration
- How To Throw the Goopball
- Senator Sherrod Brown
- Congressman Alan Grayson
- Suhail Khan, former Hill Staffer and former senior political appointee to President Bush
- Kate Sheppard, reporter, Mother Jones Magazine
From the Web
- GOP Launches Strategy to Trip Up Health Bill
- New study finds 45,000 deaths annually linked to lack of health coverage
- Senator John Kyl, R-Az., on Meet the Press
- Steele: We Don't Need Comprehensive Health Care Reform
- Did Grayson Put His Seat at Risk?
- WorldNetDaily: Yes, CAIR is planting 'spies' on Capitol Hill
- Suhail Khan: Muslim Ex-Bush Official: 'Intern Spy' Hunt Threatens Careers Of Good Americans
- Myrick's Office Hasn't Submitted Muslim 'Intern Spy' Probe Requests Yet
- Meet The Man Behind The Intern Spy Wars: Muslim Mafia Author Dave Gaubatz
- DeMint watches out for all of us - "There is a saying that the Jews who are wealthy got that way not by watching dollars, but instead by taking care of the pennies and the dollars taking care of themselves."
- Rep. Buyer's scholarship fund hasn't helped a single student
- Overturned missile transport cleared from road
- Semi carrying missile parts overturns
- David Sirota: Diversionary Tactics Aside, The Tapes Make Clear Rush Limbaugh Is A Racist
- Will the real Chamber of Commerce please stand up?
- The Yes Men Changes the World
- Kate Sheppard: The Yes Men Punk the Chamber
- Kate Sheppard: Chamber: Global Warming is Good for You
- The Top Five Balloon Boy Tribute Songs
- Maziar Bahari Released - The NEWSWEEK reporter and filmmaker had been detained in Iran since the June elections.
MORE FROM RACHEL MADDOW SHOW
Add Rachel Maddow Show headlines to your news reader: