A USDA survey last week found one in seven Americans struggled to get enough to eat in 2008, the highest level since the report began in 1995.
Wondering what you can do this holiday? Below is a list of links to get you started and connected with organizations like food pantries and soup kitchens.
- Feeding America
- Meals on Wheels
- Community Dining Room (Connecticut)
- Connecticut Food Bank
- Pantry of Broward, Inc. (Florida)
- Food Bank of Northern Indiana
- Ohio Association of Second Harvest Food Banks
- Second Harvest Heartland
- Salvation Army link: Food banks in the North West
- Action Against Hunger
- Bay Area Rescue (San Francisco)
Listing sites (unverified)