WASHINGTON — Oxmoor House on Friday recalled nearly 1 million home improvement books because of errors that could lead do-it-yourselfers to make risky mistakes while installing or repairing their electrical wiring.
The errors in technical diagrams and wiring instructions could cause people to be shocked or create a fire hazard.
In announcing the voluntary recall, the Consumer Product Safety Commission said no incidents have been reported.
Oxmoor House of Birmingham, Ala., published the 951,000 recalled books.
Here are the nine different book titles being recalled:
- "AmeriSpec Home Repair Handbook"
- "Lowe's Complete Home Improvement and Repair"
- "Lowe's Complete Home Wiring"
- "Sunset Basic Home Repairs"
- "Sunset Complete Home Wiring"
- "Sunset Complete Patio Book"
- "Sunset Home Repair Handbook"
- "Sunset Water Gardens"
- "Sunset You Can Build — Wiring"
Readers might have bought some of the books more than three decades ago. Bookstores and home improvement stores nationwide sold the recalled books from January 1975 through December 2009.
Consumers can call 866-696-7602 for more details.
Copyright 2009 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.