msnbc.com
updated 2/23/2010 1:55:15 PM ET 2010-02-23T18:55:15

More meatballs thought to have been poisoned were found in a Spokane neighborhood after at least three dogs there died Friday upon eating earlier batches.

Several more batches were found Monday on streets in the South Hill neighborhood, KREM-TV reported, though no more pets were reported to have died or fallen ill.

On Friday, a woman saw her dog eat some meatballs on the street and then go into convulsions before dying. A man also had two of his dogs die Friday after eating the meatballs.

The Humane Society of the United States is offering a $2,500 reward for information leading to the arrest and conviction of whoever is responsible.

Washington State University is testing the meatballs to determine if they contained poison.

© 2013 msnbc.com Reprints

Discuss:

Discussion comments

,

Most active discussions

  1. votes comments
  2. votes comments
  3. votes comments
  4. votes comments