updated 3/21/2010 6:21:11 PM ET 2010-03-21T22:21:11

Authorities say two adults and a child are at a hospital in serious condition after being sickened by high levels of carbon monoxide.

D.C. fire department spokesman Pete Piringer said Sunday that authorities are looking for the source of the poisonous fumes.

The two adults and child lived in a six-unit apartment building. They have been taken to George Washington University Hospital.

Copyright 2010 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Discuss:

Discussion comments

,

Most active discussions

  1. votes comments
  2. votes comments
  3. votes comments
  4. votes comments