Book by: ASAP
Don't miss these Travel stories
Lords of the gourd compete for Punkin Chunkin honors
- Airports, airlines work hard to return your lost items
- Expert: Tourist hordes threaten Sistine Chapel's art
- MGM Grand wants Las Vegas guests to Stay Well
- Report: Airlines collecting $36.1B in fees this year
- Lords of the gourd compete for Punkin Chunkin honors
Travel by: Jan. 31, 2011
The deal: Are you searching for affordable airfare? Join the club. Spirit Airlines’ $9 Fare Club just unveiled its Penny Plus Fares promotion. From Aug. 1, 2010, through Jan. 31, 2011, one-way tickets to more than 30 American and Caribbean destinations rack up a grand total of one penny (before taxes)! Booking is available now, on a first-come, first-served basis. Spirit, the self-proclaimed “Ultra Low Cost Carrier,” lifts the shroud of secrecy from airfare fine print, making fuel costs, and taxes and fees (a flat rate of $18.70), explicit. Club members also get an extra $10 off all regular baggage fees, which range from $25 to $45. One-way fares start from just $31.03 (one penny, fuel price, and $18.70) between Atlanta and Myrtle Beach, with round-trip travel required.
Spirit’s$9 Fare Club is a contract-free, annual membership for $39.95, which guarantees frequent airfare sales, member rates for non-members on the same ticket purchase, and other discounts on hotels and car rentals.
Sample one-way fares (including taxes):
• Atlanta — Myrtle Beach: $31.03
• Boston — Myrtle Beach: $46.28
• Detroit — Fort Lauderdale: $55.20
• Detroit — Las Vegas: $72.93
• And more!
The catch: You’ll have to wait up to four months to fly.
ShermansTravel is a guide to top travel deals and destinations. Sign up for Sherman's Top 25 e-newsletter which features the best travel deals from hundreds of travel providers and is delivered to over 4 million subscribers, free, each week.