Book by: ASAP
Don't miss these Travel stories
Lords of the gourd compete for Punkin Chunkin honors
With teams using more than 100 unique apparatuses to launch globular projectiles a half-mile or more, the 27th annual World Championship Punkin Chunkin event is our pick as November’s Weird Festival of the Month.
- Airports, airlines work hard to return your lost items
- Expert: Tourist hordes threaten Sistine Chapel's art
- MGM Grand wants Las Vegas guests to Stay Well
- Report: Airlines collecting $36.1B in fees this year
- Lords of the gourd compete for Punkin Chunkin honors
Travel by: June 8
The deal:California lures thousands of tourists every year with its relaxed charisma, temperate climate, and the audacity to produce over 90 percent of America’s wine.
Charging only $184.50/night, the award-winning Cliffs on Shell Beach offers romantic views and fresh breezes directly off the water.
Bounty of the County includes:
- Two-nights’ accommodations
- Private coach transportation and tour of the Santa Margarita Ranch, followed by wine-tasting at Ancient Peaks Winery
- Paso Robles’ Eberle Winery excursion with gourmet lunch, guided cave tour, and a lesson on winemaking
- Goat farm experience with an opportunity to make your own cheese
- Lavender farm foray with lavender-infused lemonade and cookies
About the resort: Recently renovated, the 160-guestroom Cliffs luxury resort boasts a spa, restaurant, heated oceanfront pool, Jacuzzi, sauna, and fitness center. All rooms are outfitted with Italian marble, flat-screen televisions, and wireless Internet. Its Central California coastal location is ideal for year-round golf, shopping, and dabbling in the alluring wine culture.
The dollars: Rates are based on double occupancy. Credit card required at time of reservation. Cancellations must be made no less than three days prior to arrival date or a penalty of one night’s rate, plus tax, will be charged.
The catch: Packages can only be reserved for a Tuesday or Sunday arrival.
ShermansTravel is a guide to top travel deals and destinations. Sign up for Sherman's Top 25 e-newsletter which features the best travel deals from hundreds of travel providers and is delivered to over 4 million subscribers, free, each week.