Book by: August 31
Don't miss these Travel stories
Lords of the gourd compete for Punkin Chunkin honors
With teams using more than 100 unique apparatuses to launch globular projectiles a half-mile or more, the 27th annual World Championship Punkin Chunkin event is our pick as November’s Weird Festival of the Month.
- Airports, airlines work hard to return your lost items
- Expert: Tourist hordes threaten Sistine Chapel's art
- MGM Grand wants Las Vegas guests to Stay Well
- Report: Airlines collecting $36.1B in fees this year
- Lords of the gourd compete for Punkin Chunkin honors
Travel by: September 22-October 23
The deal: Cruises to New England and Canada grant passengers sweeping coastal views, charming seaside towns, and eye-popping foliage during the fall. However, due to the brief travel window when the autumn colors reach their peak, prices tend to be significantly higher than Caribbean cruises (which sail year-round).
For solo-travelers having to pay the single supplement (prices are based on double occupancy), these sailings can be just plain expensive. Luckily, MSC Cruises has rolled out a savings promotion for single travelers on four of its peak-season itineraries, which can reduce the single supplement by as much as $809 (after taxes) on bookings made before August 31.
This offer applies to the following voyages aboard the MSC Poesia:
- The 6-night Maple Leaves and Mansionscruise embarking from Quebec City on October 23. Solo-traveler rates start at $719 (originally $1,078).
- The 7-night Splendors of Fallcruise embarking form New York City on October 2. Solo-traveler rates start at $839 (originally $1,258).
- The 10-night Dazzling Fall Foliagecruise embarking from New York City on September 22. Solo traveler rates start at $1,199 (originally $1,798).
- The 14-night Autumn Leaves and Lighthousescruise from Quebec City on October 9. Solo traveler rates start at $1,619 (originally $2,428).
The catch: With all the scenic shots, it may be difficult to put the camera down.
ShermansTravel is a guide to top travel deals and destinations. Sign up for Sherman's Top 25 e-newsletter which features the best travel deals from hundreds of travel providers and is delivered to over 4 million subscribers, free, each week.