Book by: ASAP
Don't miss these Travel stories
Lords of the gourd compete for Punkin Chunkin honors
- Airports, airlines work hard to return your lost items
- Expert: Tourist hordes threaten Sistine Chapel's art
- MGM Grand wants Las Vegas guests to Stay Well
- Report: Airlines collecting $36.1B in fees this year
- Lords of the gourd compete for Punkin Chunkin honors
Travel by: December 20
The deal: Part of the thrill of visiting tropical beach locales is being able to duck your head beneath the wavy waters to catch a glimpse of marine life — fish, coral, and sponges exhibiting colors you never even knew existed.
If you’re ready to trade in your snorkeling equipment for an oxygen tank, but want to avoid a drawn-out (and expensive) scuba diving course, then head down to The Sands at Grace Bay in serene Turks & Caicos. Beginning June 1, this beachfront resort is offering guests the chance to earn their PADI (Professional Association of Diving Instructors) Open Water Diver Certification with a 5-night Diving for Dummies* packagefor just $925 per person — that’s $300 off per couple!
Valid through December 20, theDiving for Dummies package includes:
• A 5-night stay in a studio courtyard suite
• Resort transfers to Ocean Vibes’ Turtle Cove Marina PADI Dive & Snorkel Facility
• One half-day confined water/swimming pool training session.
• Four open water training dives with a private PADI instructor
• All essential diving equipment and classroom materials throughout training program
• Upon successful course completion, guests will receive their PADI Open Water Diver Certification, which is recognized and accepted all over the world
*Only guests ages 10 and older can participate in the certification course.
About the resort: The luxurious, family-friendly 113-room resort fittingly bears the name of the bay on which it sits: Grace Bay Beach.
It offers guests a variety of accommodations — from studios to spacious one-, two-, and three-bedroom suites with fully-equipped kitchens that contain superlative stainless steel appliances and granite countertops.
The Sands at Grace Bay also features three free-form swimming pools, a spa, beachfront restaurant, and allows guests to partake in non-motorized water sports like kayaking, snorkeling, and windsurfing at no additional charge.
The dollars: This offer is subject availability and based on double occupancy. Taxes and fees of 21 percent are additional.
The catch: Scuba Steve replicas from the movie "Big Daddy" not included.
ShermansTravel is a guide to top travel dealsand destinations. Sign up for Sherman's Top 25 e-newsletter which features the best travel dealsfrom hundreds of travel providers and is delivered to over 4 million subscribers, free, each week.