Book by: ASAP
Don't miss these Travel stories
Lords of the gourd compete for Punkin Chunkin honors
With teams using more than 100 unique apparatuses to launch globular projectiles a half-mile or more, the 27th annual World Championship Punkin Chunkin event is our pick as November’s Weird Festival of the Month.
- Airports, airlines work hard to return your lost items
- Expert: Tourist hordes threaten Sistine Chapel's art
- MGM Grand wants Las Vegas guests to Stay Well
- Report: Airlines collecting $36.1B in fees this year
- Lords of the gourd compete for Punkin Chunkin honors
Travel by: July 31
The deal: One of the most historically acclaimed tourism sites around the world, Egypt resides on the vast African continent — the birthplace of human civilization. Explore the cultural relics and perennial mysteries of this ancient empire, while cruising in luxury down the Nile River.
Starting from a discounted rate of $1,809, embark on your own 12-night Indiana Jones adventure, complete with a round-trip flight from New York City (airfare to Cairo alone can cost from $900 and up). Reservations are available in July.
This package includes:
• Round-trip flight from New York City to Cairo
• Domestic flights in Egypt
• Three-nights’ first-class hotel accommodations
• Seven-night Nile cruise
• 24 meals (10 breakfasts, 7 lunches, and 7 dinners)
• Guided tours with an English-speaking Egyptologist
About the tour: Touch down in Cairo, the Egyptian capital, and spend the night among the towering pyramids before flying to Luxor for the Nile River cruise.
The ship sails to Edfu, home of the Temple of Horus, and then Kom Ombo, the City of Gold. Aswan, the next port on the itinerary, is a modern trade center on the East Bank of the Nile.
Curtailing the journey, the vessel docks again in Luxor — a fascinating open-air museum with round-the-clock exhibits of temples, monuments, and ruins. Finally, catch your flight to Cairo and pay a visit the Sphinx and the Pyramids of Giza, sanctuary to one of the Seven Wonders of the World.
The dollars: Taxes and fees not included.
The catch: Book soon, the lowest rates are already selling out.
ShermansTravel is a guide to top travel dealsand destinations. Sign up for Sherman's Top 25 e-newsletter which features the best travel dealsfrom hundreds of travel providers and is delivered to over 4 million subscribers, free, each week.