Straddling the Zimbabwe/Zambia border in Africa is Victoria Falls — a mammoth waterfall that cascades 360 feet down to the Zambezi River.
Don't miss these Travel stories
Lords of the gourd compete for Punkin Chunkin honors
With teams using more than 100 unique apparatuses to launch globular projectiles a half-mile or more, the 27th annual World Championship Punkin Chunkin event is our pick as November’s Weird Festival of the Month.
- Airports, airlines work hard to return your lost items
- Expert: Tourist hordes threaten Sistine Chapel's art
- MGM Grand wants Las Vegas guests to Stay Well
- Report: Airlines collecting $36.1B in fees this year
- Lords of the gourd compete for Punkin Chunkin honors
This year, delve deeper into these two landlocked countries and become enthralled with the lush jungles, endemic wildlife such as zebras, giraffes, and hippos, as well as the renowned roaring waterfall on a 4-night, 5-day trip starting from $1,086 per person.
Plus, round-trip airfare from Johannesburg to Victoria Falls is included!
The value: Also included are the following:
• A two-night stay at A’Zambezi River Lodge
• Two nights’ accommodations at Chobe Safari Lodge
• Four dinners
• One morning game drive
• One sunset cruise
• Two afternoon boat excursions
• Tour of Victoria Falls
• Some entrance fees
The catch: Airport taxes of approximately $253, national park and river usage fees are additional. Drinks and travel insurance are also not included.
The details: This deal is valid for travel through December 31 and can be booked by visiting www.afrizim.com.
ShermansTravel is a guide to top travel dealsand destinations. Sign up for Sherman's Top 25 e-newsletter which features the best travel dealsfrom hundreds of travel providers and is delivered to over 4 million subscribers, free, each week.