DAYTON, Minn. — Vice President Joe Biden has told Democrats at a Minnesota fundraiser that he'll "strangle" members of the GOP who complain about the federal budget.
According to a pool report from Tuesday's event in Dayton, Biden was telling the crowd that Democrats know how to balance the budget. He said, "If I hear one more Republican tell me about balancing the budget, I am going to strangle them."
Washington wasn’t always united on Mandela
Updated 45 minutes ago 12/6/2013 2:20:58 PM +00:00 First Read: The passing of icon Nelson Mandela marked a rare show of bipartisan unity in Washington but that wasn’t always the case at the height of the Cold War. Full story
- Obama: GOP should be 'embarrassed' by low productivity on Hill
- Obama: NSA reforms will give Americans 'more confidence' in surveillance programs
- Obama on Mandela: 'He no longer belongs to us; he belongs to the ages'
- White House reverses story on Obama living with Kenyan uncle in the 1980s
- Washington wasn’t always united on Mandela
He quickly added: "To the press, that's a figure of speech."
Biden joined former Vice President Walter Mondale at the fundraiser for 350 people paying at least $150.
Earlier in the day, Biden spoke at a rally at Macalester College in St. Paul and focused on the Obama administration's efforts to turn the economy around.
Copyright 2010 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.