updated 10/7/2010 4:42:39 PM ET 2010-10-07T20:42:39

An Arizona woman accidentally glued an eye shut when she mistook super glue for her eye drops.

    1. Groundhog's forecast comes in bitter winter
    2. FAA investigates mystery object that hit house
    3. Ohio man's wish fulfilled as he is buried on motorcycle
    4. Airbnb Renters Discover Corpse in Property Garden
    5. On Facebook, headlines we can't run here, and more

KSAZ-TV says Irmgard Holm of Glendale had cataract surgery a year ago. She was reaching for what she thought was one of her half-dozen eye drop medications. The burning sensation told her immediately something was seriously wrong.

Holm says the eye drops and the super glue bottles are nearly identical.

After putting super glue in her eye, Holm says she tried washing it out. But the quick-drying substance did what it was supposed to and sealed her eye shut.

Holm got to the hospital and staff cut off the hardened glue covering her eye. Once the eye was opened, doctors washed it out to prevent major damage.

Copyright 2010 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.


Discussion comments


Most active discussions

  1. votes comments
  2. votes comments
  3. votes comments
  4. votes comments