ROCKY POINT, N.Y. — Police say the thieves who stole a New York teenager's bicycle were, well, animals.
Suffolk County police say two people in gorilla costumes and a third in a chicken suit took the boy's bike Monday in Rocky Point, on the north shore of Long Island.
- Groundhog's forecast comes in bitter winter
- FAA investigates mystery object that hit house
- Ohio man's wish fulfilled as he is buried on motorcycle
- Updated 91 minutes ago 11/25/2015 9:14:38 PM +00:00 Man Narrowly Avoids Death at Work, Second Time This Year
- On Facebook, headlines we can't run here, and more
Police say the three confronted him while he was riding along Route 25A around 1:15 p.m. Police say one of the gorilla-suit suspects punched the teen in the head and knocked him off his bike, and the person in a chicken costume rode off on it. The ape-suit duo ran away.
The teen was treated at a hospital for minor injuries. He's been released.
Detectives are searching for the suspects.
Copyright 2010 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.