Teen birth rates across the U.S.
A state-by-state look at birth rates among teen girls ages 15 to 19 in 2008, with data on the mother's race from 2007. Roll over a state to see the local teen birth rate.
Map: Teen pregnancy map
Bring back PE: Exercise should be 'core' class, report says
Children need a full hour of exercise in schools every day, and not just in physical education classes, the Institute of Medicine recommended on Thursday. Schools that have dumped education classes need to put them back on the schedule, the report recommends.
- 'Mystery' illness in Alabama mostly cold and flu, tests show
- H7N9 bird flu spreads much like ordinary flu
- Alzheimer's drug was too good to be true, studies find
- Teen birth rate drops, especially among Hispanics
- Mom in labor as twister destroys hospital
- Doctors print up 3-D splint for baby's blocked throat
- Bring back PE: Exercise should be 'core' class, report says