BEIJING — A 10-year-old Chinese boy has survived after falling 20 stories from an apartment window and landing on a parked car.
A doctor at the People's Hospital of Guizhou in southern China said the boy suffered skull fractures and bleeding on the brain and remains under close observation.
Castaway's parents thought they would never see him again
The father of Pacific castaway Jose Salvador Alvarenga said he was told his long-lost son vanished on a fishing trip but he didn’t have the heart to break the news to his ailing wife.
- Scotland legalizes same-sex marriage
- Weapons deal strengthened Assad: US intel chief
- Outcry over the fate of Sochi's stray dogs
- Olympic construction leaves Sochi residents in the cold
- Castaway's parents thought they would never see him again
The state-run Xinhua News Agency said the boy fell from the open apartment window Monday morning and his fall shattered the car's back window.
The doctor surnamed Han in the neurosurgery department said it is a miracle the boy survived.
The Xinhua report cited police as saying the fall is assumed to be accidental.
Copyright 2010 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.