NEW YORK — Police in New York City say thieves held up the owners of a pizzeria and then fled with a bag full of dough — the kind that crusts are made of.
- Groundhog's forecast comes in bitter winter
- FAA investigates mystery object that hit house
- Ohio man's wish fulfilled as he is buried on motorcycle
- Updated 57 minutes ago 12/2/2015 2:49:42 AM +00:00 Watch: Robbers Smash Bank Wall with Digger to Steal ATM
- On Facebook, headlines we can't run here, and more
Police say Salvatore LaRosa was charged with robbery after surrendering to police.
According to court papers, LaRosa and an accomplice followed the owners of Brothers Pizzeria on Staten Island. After donning masks, the papers say, they pointed guns and demanded the men turn over a bag they believed held the day's proceeds.
But instead, the bag was full of pizza dough.Story: Well, that certainly blows in the wind
LaRosa was released on $1 million bail on Monday. His attorney, James Froccaro, declined to comment.
Copyright 2010 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.