updated 12/12/2010 12:31:28 PM ET 2010-12-12T17:31:28

Fire officials say two men have died of carbon monoxide poisoning inside a home in Pikesville.

Eleven people, including three police officers, were sickened by the odorless, colorless gas and were rushed to a trauma center.

    1. Hoffman withdrew $1,200 hours before death: sources

      Philip Seymour Hoffman withdrew a total of $1,200 from an ATM at a supermarket near his New York City apartment the night before he was found lifeless in his bathroom with a syringe still in his left arm, sources told NBC News.

    2. NYC mayor will skip St. Pat's parade over gay ban
    3. Indiana man back home 18 years after abduction
    4. 32 states in the path of another wild storm
    5. Judge vows quick ruling on Va. marriage ban

Baltimore County fire department spokeswoman Elise Armacost says a neighbor called 911 around 8:40 a.m. and reported that someone might be dead inside the house. Police responded, and three officers were overcome when they entered the home.

Two men were pronounced dead at the scene. Eight other people, including two children, were sickened inside the home.

Firefighters measured levels of carbon monoxide at 400 parts per million inside the home. That's more than 11 times the level at which carbon monoxide detectors begin to sound.

Copyright 2010 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Discuss:

Discussion comments

,

Most active discussions

  1. votes comments
  2. votes comments
  3. votes comments
  4. votes comments