ST. GEORGE, Utah — Searchers in southern Utah have found the body of a hiker who they say fell to his death from a cliff ledge in Snow Canyon State Park.
KSTU-TV Fox 13 reports that searchers in a helicopter found the body just after 9 a.m. Monday.
Hoffman withdrew $1,200 hours before death: sources
- NYC mayor will skip St. Pat's parade over gay ban
- Indiana man back home 18 years after abduction
- 32 states in the path of another wild storm
- Judge vows quick ruling on Va. marriage ban
- Hoffman withdrew $1,200 hours before death: sources
The man fell between 80 and 100 feet on Sunday while hiking the Island in the Sky trail.
The search began after a call for help about 6 p.m., and was halted late Sunday because of cold and dangerous conditions.
Washington County sheriff's officials say the dead hiker was one of three men in a group hiking Sunday in the park north of Santa Clara.
Sheriff-elect Cory Pulsipher says the other two hikers were found safely.
Copyright 2011 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.