msnbc.com staff and news service reports
updated 1/4/2011 10:26:57 AM ET 2011-01-04T15:26:57

A man suspected of killing a woman at an apartment building on Hollywood BoulevardĀ  surrendered early Tuesday after a nearly four hour standoff, police said.

The suspect surrendered after A SWAT team arrived and a section of Hollywood Boulevard was blocked off. Several dozen residents of the building were briefly evacuated.

Officer Norma Eisenman said officers were called to the building at about 3 a.m. and found the body of a woman lying in a hallway. She appeared to be about 25 years old and had been shot several times.

That stretch of Hollywood Boulevard draws tourists form around the world for its Walk of Fame stars on the sidewalk.

The Associated Press contributed to this report.

Discuss:

Discussion comments

,

Most active discussions

  1. votes comments
  2. votes comments
  3. votes comments
  4. votes comments