JAKARTA, Indonesia — A toy salesman has admitted to raping at least 96 boys, according to Indonesian police.
The 34-year-old man was arrested last week in the capital Jakarta after a complaint was filed by the parents of one of the alleged victims.
Castaway's parents thought they would never see him again
The father of Pacific castaway Jose Salvador Alvarenga said he was told his long-lost son vanished on a fishing trip but he didn’t have the heart to break the news to his ailing wife.
- Scotland legalizes same-sex marriage
- Weapons deal strengthened Assad: US intel chief
- Outcry over the fate of Sochi's stray dogs
- Olympic construction leaves Sochi residents in the cold
- Castaway's parents thought they would never see him again
Police investigator Reynold Hutagalung said the suspect confessed during interrogations to raping at least 96 boys between the ages of 13 and 17 over the last two years.
Most of the victims were street kids found hanging out at train stations, Hutagulang said.
The accused, a father of four, could face 15 years behind bars if found guilty.
Copyright 2011 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.