A vegetarian passenger aboard a Continental Airlines flight apparently was so disgusted by the meal she was served that she threw her tray at a flight attendant, the New York Post reports.
Don't miss these Travel stories
Lords of the gourd compete for Punkin Chunkin honors
- Airports, airlines work hard to return your lost items
- Expert: Tourist hordes threaten Sistine Chapel's art
- MGM Grand wants Las Vegas guests to Stay Well
- Report: Airlines collecting $36.1B in fees this year
- Lords of the gourd compete for Punkin Chunkin honors
"She said she was a vegetarian and she didn't like what she was being served," an airline official told the newspaper. "So she threw the food tray — and the food — at the attendant."
The flight last Friday, which originated in the Dominican Republic, was bound for Newark Liberty International Airport. The woman reportedly had ordered a special meal but it was not vegetarian, the newspaper reported.
Port Authority officers met the plane at the gate when it landed in Newark at 3:58 p.m., but the flight attendant declined to press charges.
© 2012 msnbc.com Reprints