A vegetarian passenger aboard a Continental Airlines flight apparently was so disgusted by the meal she was served that she threw her tray at a flight attendant, the New York Post reports.
Don't miss these Travel stories
Lords of the gourd compete for Punkin Chunkin honors
With teams using more than 100 unique apparatuses to launch globular projectiles a half-mile or more, the 27th annual World Championship Punkin Chunkin event is our pick as November’s Weird Festival of the Month.
- Airports, airlines work hard to return your lost items
- Expert: Tourist hordes threaten Sistine Chapel's art
- MGM Grand wants Las Vegas guests to Stay Well
- Report: Airlines collecting $36.1B in fees this year
- Lords of the gourd compete for Punkin Chunkin honors
"She said she was a vegetarian and she didn't like what she was being served," an airline official told the newspaper. "So she threw the food tray — and the food — at the attendant."
The flight last Friday, which originated in the Dominican Republic, was bound for Newark Liberty International Airport. The woman reportedly had ordered a special meal but it was not vegetarian, the newspaper reported.
Port Authority officers met the plane at the gate when it landed in Newark at 3:58 p.m., but the flight attendant declined to press charges.
© 2012 msnbc.com Reprints