MIAMI — The American Civil Liberties Union of Florida has a message for women who want complete control over their reproductive health: Incorporate your uterus.
Don't miss these Health stories
More women opting for preventive mastectomy - but should they be?
- Larry Page's damaged vocal cords: Treatment comes with trade-offs
- Report questioning salt guidelines riles heart experts
- CDC: 2012 was deadliest year for West Nile in US
- What stresses moms most? Themselves, survey says
- More women opting for preventive mastectomy - but should they be?
To help women who want to do this, the organization launched the website www.IncorporateMyUterus.com on Tuesday, which will issue a declaration of incorporation for women who would like one.
Head of ACLU of Florida Howard Simon says "The Florida Legislature - and extreme social conservatives across the country - are taking rules and regulation off of businesses and adding them to uteruses."
Simon says that telling lawmakers that your body is a business "is really the best way to get them to leave it alone."
The website will produce a printable document and shortly, men will be allowed to incorporate an honorary uterus.
Copyright 2011 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.