SEATTLE, May 11, 2011 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Attorney Advertising. Keller Rohrback L.L.P. (www.krclassaction.com) announces the filings of two class action lawsuits in the United States District Court for the Southern District of California. One case was filed against SunTrust Mortgage, Inc. and SunTrust Banks, Inc. (NYSE:STI). The other case was filed against Chase Home Finance LLC and JPMorgan Chase Bank, N.A. (NYSE:JPM). The complaints were filed on behalf of California homeowners who have pursued mortgage loan modifications with SunTrust or Chase, and allege that the Defendants violated California consumer protection laws and breached contracts and other duties by, among other things:
- Taking advantage of mortgagors' defaults;
- Verbally promising modification and forbearance, soliciting modification applications, and representing that certain written materials are part of the modification process;
- Failing to grant promised modifications or reneging on contractual modifications;
- Unduly delaying modifications;
- Repeatedly telling mortgagors that documents are lost, missing, incomplete, or otherwise defective;
- Proceeding with foreclosures based on mortgagors' failure to meet shifting demands;
- Increasing principal balances and imposing late charges and other fees and expenses on mortgagors;
- Hanging foreclosure over mortgagors' heads as they are dragged through the modification process;
- Substantially increasing debts by incorrectly applying payments; and
- Failing to keep accurate records.
Keller Rohrback's investigation of the practices alleged in the complaints is ongoing, particularly regarding homeowners whose houses were sold in foreclosure sales after they tried to have their loans modified by SunTrust or Chase.
If you live in California and your home mortgage loan is or was serviced by SunTrust or Chase, and if your house was sold in a foreclosure sale after you pursued a loan modification or you have information about SunTrust's or Chase's loan modification practices, please contact paralegal Nicholas Wallace or attorneys Sharon Hritz or Lynn Sarko at 800.776.6044 or 805.456.1496, or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Keller Rohrback, with offices in Santa Barbara, Seattle, Phoenix and New York, is committed to helping individuals protect their investments. Keller Rohrback has successfully provided class action representation for over a decade. Its litigators have obtained judgments and settlements on behalf of clients in excess of seven billion dollars.
Attorney Advertising. Prior Results Do Not Guarantee A Similar Outcome.
CONTACT: Keller Rohrback L.L.P. Nick Wallace, Paralegal (800) 776-6044 email@example.com www.krclassaction.com
© Copyright 2012, GlobeNewswire, Inc. All Rights Reserved