LAS VEGAS — A Las Vegas resort is opening a 15,000-square-foot casino inspired by the lyrics of singer Jimmy Buffett.
Don't miss these Travel stories
Lords of the gourd compete for Punkin Chunkin honors
- Airports, airlines work hard to return your lost items
- Expert: Tourist hordes threaten Sistine Chapel's art
- MGM Grand wants Las Vegas guests to Stay Well
- Report: Airlines collecting $36.1B in fees this year
- Lords of the gourd compete for Punkin Chunkin honors
The Margaritaville Casino at the Flamingo is set to open Oct. 1.
The Flamingo on the Las Vegas Strip was already home to Buffet's Margaritaville restaurant.
Under the new renovation, the resort's casino floor got a Buffet-themed makeover, complete with indoor palm trees and tropical colors.
The casino will celebrate its grand opening by creating the world's largest margarita.
Guinness World Records officials are slated to watch as the casino mixes the 8,500 gallon beverage starting on Oct. 11.
The giant drink will hold more than 2,000 gallons of tequila.
Copyright 2011 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.