The next time you're watching a video on YouTube, Vimeo or some other video service, you could be contributing to the spread of a virus. Relax, it's nothing risky – unless you don't like dancing.
A top 10 list of "viral" music videos has surfaced, researched and ranked by True Reach views, and it's remarkable how popular some of these ditties have become over the past few months.
For the longest time, "Baby," a single by Justin Bieber featuring Ludacris, was leading the pack with well over a billion views. But lately, Korean dance superstar PSY has overcome the teen pop sensation, with the sensational hit " Gangnam Style."
All 10 of these videos have managed to top 940 million views, and though most of them are dance-oriented tunes from the likes of LMFAO and Lady Gaga, there are a few noteworthy pop entries, including the Top 40 sensation "Call Me Maybe" by Carly Rae Jepsen. The top 10 are:
- "Gangnam Style," PSY (2,677,949,310 views)
- "Baby," Justin Bieber featuring Ludacris (1,605,238,117 views)
- " Call Me Maybe," Carly Rae Jepsen (1,186,555,270 views)
- "Rolling In the Deep," Adele (1,131,654,816 views)
- "Waka Waka," Shakira (999,941,486 views)
- "The Way You Lie," Eminem featuring Rihanna (996,585,635 views)
- "Bad Romance," Lady Gaga (993,156,999 views)
- "Single Ladies," Beyoncé (971,135,553)
- "Party Rock Anthem," LMFAO featuring Laurie Bennet, GoonRock (950,693,061 views)
- "On the Floor," Jennifer Lopez (947,234,842 views)
It's remarkable to see the rise of popularity in these music videos, especially "Gangnam Style," which virtually came out of nowhere to turn into an overnight sensation in dance clubs and pop culture. (It was recently added to popular dancing games "Dance Central 4" and "Just Dance 4" as a downloadable extra.) And 2013 is likely to bring more pop/dance infused hits to the surface, keeping online viewing going strong. [See also: 'Dance Central 3' vs. 'Just Dance 4' ]
Remember that the next time you're dancing "Gangnam." (Ohp, ohp, ohp!)
- 12 Biggest Game Fails of 2012
- The 10 Most Dangerous Women Online
- PSY-ops? Navy Robot Goes 'Gangnam Style'
© 2012 TechNewsDaily