For Instagrammers, there's no place like Bangkok's Suvarnabhumi Airport, this year's list most-Instagrammed place, according to the photo network's top 10 list, announced this week. Users shared more than 100,000 Instagram photos from there. Second was Siam Paragon, a luxury shopping mall also located in Bangkok.
Of the remaining eight spots, half were located in the Los Angeles area — Disneyland in Anaheim, LAX airport, Dodger Stadium, Staples Center (home of the Lakers), and Santa Monica Pier. According to figures from website analyst firm Alexa, Instagram is more popular in Los Angeles than in any other city in the U.S.
Earlier this month, high profile Angelinos Justin Bieber and Kim Kardashian jointed about 4 million other users who stopped posting to Instagram a fter the company announced changes to its policies. Many feared that the terms would allow Instagram to sell user photos with no payment to the photographer. But Instagram quickly reinstated its old terms, and it seems that the backlash was temporary. In the past week, mobile app analyst firm AppData shows Instagram gained 1.7 million users through Facebook alone — about 42 percent of how many it lost after the announcement.
Here is the full list from Instagram:
- Suvarnabhumi Airport (BKK); Bangkok
- Siam Paragon shopping mall; Bangkok
- Disneyland Park; Anaheim, Calif.
- Times Square; New York City
- AT&T Park; San Francisco
- Los Angeles International Airport (LAX)
- Dodger Stadium; Los Angeles
- Eiffel Tower; Paris
- Staples Center; Los Angeles
- Santa Monica Pier; Santa Monica, Calif.
But even Bangkok's glittering airport is no match for where most Instagram photos are taken — home. More than 6.3 million Instagram photos are tagged with #home.
- 6 Tips to Use Instagram Like a Pro
- Twitter Photo Filters No Match for Instagram
- The Top 5 Instagram Filters
© 2012 TechNewsDaily