At his confirmation hearing to become the next secretary of state, Kerry picked up where Hillary Clinton left off after being confronted by a Tea Party senator.
Sen. John Kerry was in the hot seat on Thursday for his confirmation hearing to take over the role of secretary of state. Kerry joked he wouldn’t take it personally that the single issue uniting Democrats and Republicans these days seems to be getting him out of the Senate quickly. But, things got heated with Ron Johnson, the same Tea Party senator that Hillary Clinton smacked down this week.
Here are some of the headlines shaping tonight’s rundown:
- John Kerry calls out Tea Party senator for missing Benghazi briefing
- Could Texas become a blue state?
- Sen. Feinstein introduces new military-style weapons bill
- Biden: It’s gun safety, not gun control
- Kerry sails through Senate hearing, awaits vote next expected next week