Facebook could soon become paradise for shoppers and a nightmare for those on a budget. No more clicking on ads or offers — now you'll be able to buy by just typing the word "buy" in a comment.
Chirpify, an e-commerce service designed to make shopping as simple as possible through social media, has added Facebook to Instagram and Twitter. The Portland-based startup also announced an impressive list of retail partners, including Adidas, the Portland Trailblazers, Major League Soccer’s Portland Timbers, bands Owl City and Neon Trees and record label Victory Records.
The only thing between shoppers and a shopping spree is linking a PayPal account with Chirpify. From then on, shoppers will be linked with what may be the quickest way to make a purchase online. Here's how it works.
- Set up a Chirpify account with your name, email address and a password. Add your PayPal account details and connect the service with your Facebook, Twitter and Instagram accounts. (Chirpify will be adding major credit cards soon.) Specify a ship-to address.
- Watch your news feeds for offers from both companies and individuals. When you see something you want, type "buy" in the comments.
- You will receive a receipt from Chirpify.
- You can visit Chirpify.com to see a history of your purchases.
Chirpify also supports giveaways and fundraisers. In those cases, users type "gimme" and "donate" to participate.
CEO Chris Teso told us he plans to connect Chirpify with the entire social Web, including Pinterest .
While Chirpify makes shopping easy, if you're a parent, you may want to be extra diligent about logging off so other members of your family aren't tempted to make a purchase — buy is a pretty easy word to spell.Email Leslie Meredith or follow her @lesliemeredith. Follow us @TechNewsDaily, Facebook or Google+.
- 8 Features of Facebook You Didn’t Know About
- 6 Tips to Use Instagram Like a Pro
- 6 Tips to Help You Hash Out Hashtags
© 2012 TechNewsDaily