Moving can be one of life's most stressful times. Moveline, a new app for iOS, aims to make the process easier.
To use Moveline, you first film your surroundings using FaceTime in order to create an inventory of the rooms in your home. Alternatively, you can use your phone to film the video, room by room. Moveline recommends allowing about three minutes per room.
The video can include footage of furniture, panorama views of walls to show artwork and other wall-mounted items, and shots inside closets, drawers and cabinets. This video footage will allow you to create an inventory and then get an estimate from several movers in your location.
With this information, Moveline can find out how many boxes you'll need, or help you get bids from local movers.
You'll also be able to contact a Moveline “captain” via phone, email or FaceTime to answer questions and help keep you on track during your move. The service is free for Moveline users, as the app makes its money from moving companies.
Here's how to use Moveline:
- Download the app on to your phone. Create an account using your move-from ZIP code, move-to ZIP code and date of move, along with your email and password.
- Schedule a video-chat session, which will take 20 to 30 minutes on FaceTime . During the chat session, you will give a Moveline representative a tour of your home. Otherwise, you can make your own video using Moveline's in-app inventory feature.
- Moveline will send you a complete inventory based on your video.
- Request bids from movers, and Moveline will obtain at least five movers in its system.
- Book your move online.
- 9 Tips to Stay Safe on Public Wi-Fi
- 8 Ways Seniors Can Avoid Identity Theft
- How to Protect Your Identity While Moving Residences
© 2012 TechNewsDaily