Kicking yourself because you had to miss the NRA’s annual convention this year? No worries. We’ve got you covered.
Top Story: Kicking yourself because you had to miss the NRA’s annual convention this year? No worries. We’ve got you covered.
- Gov. Howard Dean, who got the NRA’s endorsement in each of his six elections as Vermont’s governor, says the gropu is the “equivalent of the John Birch Society.” (Politico)
- Say this with me: Obama zombie target practice doll. (Salon) and (Buzzfeed)
- The NRA got a new president, and boy is he a class act. (Media Matters)
- He’s no Wayne LaPierre, though. Listen to Mr. NRA himself draw a line between the Boston Bombings and gun ownership. Oh, and try not to cringe. (The Huffington Post)
- We’ll all remember where we were when Texas Gov. Rick Perry defeated the Great Egg Menace. (NBC News)
- Criminals would never think that parents would hide their guns in their children’s rooms. Which is true. In a way. (Think Progress)
- And guess which “eat more chikin”-logoed fast food chain decided to appear at the NRA convention? I’ll give you a hint, they’re not very big on same-sex marriage. (Julie Bykowicz)
- Sarah Palin: Dressed for success. (Hillary Reinsberg)
- Oh, and former U.S. Senator Larry “wide stance” Craig, R-Airport mens’ room, was re-elected to the NRA’s board of directors. (James Hohmann)
- The NRA did take time this weekend to cut a check to Mark Sanford. But $2,000 almost sounds like an insult. (Ken Vogel)
- Scary but true: “Gun dealers whose licenses are revoked for misconduct can sell their inventories free from background checks.” (Politifact)